Still life photography : How often have you pondered over objects lying in a certain way are trying to tell us something? If you are a photographer, any small thing can captivate you and that's the best time to get those wonderful shots you have been looking for. Still life photography is all about having control over the lighting and mood of the settings. You place some inanimate objects, cast some beautiful shadows and adjust the lighting and you are on your way to become a still life photographer. Still life photos mostly focus on a small group of inanimate objects like a bowl of fruits or a dinner table set for a meal and the choice is limitless. What's so alluring about these still life photos are that they have a simple background and it's mostly dependent on the focus of your camera. It would be a wise choice to use a tripod to shoot still life photography, since we don't want blurry images.
Still life photography idea by graeme montgomery Still life photography by dina belenko Fashion still life photography by henrik bonnevier Still life photography idea by dennispedersen Fashion still life photography by henrik bonnevier Watches still life photography by sofia sallons Still life photography idea by graeme montgomeryFruits still life photography Still life photography idea by henrik bonnevier Still life photography by dennispedersen Still life photography idea by henrik bonnevier Shoes still life photography by saira Fashion still life photography by coppi barbieri Fashion still life photography by photoink Flowers still life photography by alina lankina Advertising still life photography idea by dennispedersen Fruits still life photography by sudhirverma Fruits still life photography by plushkavoevod Flowers fruits still life photography
1. Background: It's very important to have a simple or a clean background. If you are planning to capture a table with a bowl of fruits set on them, you can add a scarf or something that's crease free to have a dramatic background.
2. Composition : You don't have to rush through your photography as if you are running out of time. Try placing the objects in different ways, rearrange them in a basket or just find another interesting position to test your photography skills. If it's possible, try to have a variety of colors so your still life photos don't tend to lean towards just a particular color. It's eye pleasing to have a variety of colors in a single frame. Choose objects of different sizes and place them in various positions, also you can try moving your camera a little close to the scene, to get the desired effect.
3. Support: Since you need to hold the camera very still for capturing the photos, it would be an ideal choice to invest in a tripod and you can also control the shutter speed.
4. Light: It's important to have good lighting in all photos to have the dramatic effect. You can choose to use an energy saving bulb to capture your pictures, since the it tends to cast a very soft lighting n your pictures.
5. Focus: Try to get in-depth fields, so you can focus on all objects at once. Try taking few pictures with different focus points and sometimes you can use those small bits to combine together to create one single image. Don't be too hasty to get the shot, only after you are satisfied with the background and lighting, you should go for a shot. You don't have to really travel so far to take a still life photography, if you are an amateur, you can start at the comfort of your home, clean a area, keep a basket of fruits on your dining table and focus on different shots and you can try with other light effects to see if you get the desired effect.